sun seeker predator 108-1:25

    • Hi everyone
      Another small job done with the 3D printer: Radar domes.






      I made the sun loungers, rigorously printed in 3D


      I had a small accident with the primary deckhouse that fell to the ground due to a "slipping" of some folders, reporting a lesion and a deep hole along one of the two side uprights. I have to reconstruct the missing part with the epoxy plastilin that is shaped like clay

      4



      Ciao Ciao
      ALIMURIMETA
    • Hi everyone, I show you the quick connection system I printed in 3D. In practice it is a shaped base that must be glued to the hull, to which the servicecan's saddle is hooked. Along the short side of the support there is a hole for fixing with just one screw. This system is very convenient when there is little access in the hull or when the servants are positioned very close to the stern. I also printed supports for the bowden cables of the back (gray tubes), to be attached to the engines as if they were clips.










      Ciao Ciao
      ALIMURIMETA
    • Wonderful to see you pics and the different parts Francesco :)
      MfG, Ernst
      (Moderator)

      Das Vorteilhafte an Standmodellen ist, dass sie selten absaufen...

      IG-Yachtmodellbau seit 1996

      Under Construction: Riva Iseo 1/10 - Riva Aquariva 33 by Marc Newson 1/10 - Riva 86 Domino in 1/22 - Range Rover Projects 1/10

      MFC Ikarus Kempten - Modellfliegen auf 895,2m Starthöhe :)
    • Hello everyone, I finally decided to permanently paste the stern and the attached beach and fix the engine cooling system before gluing the bridge and the inner sides of the hull. I used as a glue the epoxy resin loaded with hollow glass microspheres and a pinch of micronized silica. The "cream", already experimented with other models, has not betrayed my expectations.





      I glued the brass tubes that serve to drain the cooling water. Except I installed the cooling coils to the engines.



      Finally I glued the bridge and the internal bulkheads of the walls. I gave all the clothespins I have, which was enough (my wife who accuses me of always buying when we go to the brico) :D :D :D :D :D )







      The stern walls I made with 1.5 mm plasticard, shaped hot with the hair dryer electricians



      While I deal with the hull and deck, the 3D printer "produced" the stern bases where the winches and bollards are housed.



      Ciao Ciao
      ALIMURIMETA
    • Hello everyone, here are the latest news from the yard predator 108. I designed and then printed the bollards in 3D, I "cut them into two parts specular to simplify printing, they are glued to get the full bollard.



      I finished the wooden bridge and applied the platforms of the stern mooring winches. I put the model as it is on the scale to evaluate the weight. At present we are at about 5100 gr, without batteries. The total displacement of the model is estimated at about 6500 gr. I still have a good margin for batteries, paint and some other accessories.








      Ciao Ciao
      ALIMURIMETA
    • Hello everyone, I spent a weekend partly away from my laboratory, but not for this without producing something for the predator. I have printed with the plotter the comets of the stern beach and its steps. To do this, I got some wood-board, a 1 mm thick cardboard made of pure birch wood pulp. So I impregnated the cardboard with solvent-colored teak paint (solvent and not water because the cardboard would have dilated and deformed). I waited for the busy to dry well and I moved to the printing phase, using my cutting plotter. And it is precisely the plotter, because in addition to cutting, it can also draw, by mounting a "pen-holder" device. So I inserted a 0.4 mm thick black gel pen and I reproduced all the joints of the bridge. Of course I have previously designed the design of the joints on the computer. To protect the joints, the board will be sprayed with a transparent opaque varnish.



      Here is the result





      Ciao ciao.
      ALIMURIMETA
    • Hi Thomas, thanks for visiting my w.i.p.

      Here are the latest news from the predator shipyard. I have drawn and cut the windows of the deckhouse with the plotter. I used shiny black vinyl and chrome-effect vinyl for the glass frames. For now, the stickers are only resting. Before gluing them definitively I have to paint the deckhouse in glossy silver gray.



      Ciao Ciao
      ALIMURIMETA
    • Neu

      Hello everyone, last night I focused on the construction of the handrails of the walls. I used 1.6 mm diameter stainless steel welding rods. To shape them properly, I built a bending base using plywood sections, cut and shaped according to project measurements. With another wooden template I made the holes for fixing the handrails on the edge of the sides.

      Here is the final result:







      Ciao ciao.
      ALIMURIMETA